Tuesday, September 11, 2007

News Update

Three new story lines have developed for the ND Michigan game this coming weekend. First (and I'm sure that this will be mentioned multiple times during the broadcast of the game), this is the first time that Notre Dame and Michigan have both started a season 0-2. This shouldn't be that surprising considering 1: Michigan is in the Big Ten and usually schedules a cupcake MAC school or 1-AA opponent in Week 1, and 2: Notre Dame and Michigan usually play each other during the first two weeks of the season.

Our second story, Wolverine running back Mike Hart doesn't plan on letting his team fall to 0-3:

"This team's going to be ready to go, there's no doubt in my mind. I'm not going to lose. We're not going to lose," Hart said Saturday, according to the Detroit Free Press. "It is what it is. Obviously, I talk. I talk a lot, everyone knows that. I mean what I say. It came out in there because I feel like we're being doubted. I feel like it's something we need."

Here's the full ESPN article on that story, and can you blame him? Up until now Michigan has played with very little intensity and something like this just might give them the spark they need. Then again, guarantees work for motivation for both teams...

Lastly, Michigan officially announced that former Heisman candidate Chad Henne will not play against the Irish Saturday. This is probably the most interesting subplot as now Michigan freshman quarterback Ryan Mallett, the #2 QB and #4 overall ranked player in his class, will match up against Clausen, the #1 QB and #1 overall recruit in his class. Should be fun. Go Irish.

No comments: