Friday, January 18, 2008

Quote of the Week

Man, getting to this quote of the week has been killing me recently. I don't know if its been the break combined with the first week of classes or if I've just been eating too many Taquitos...
Anyways, here you have it; fresh off of the Shark's blog:

"I'm not a history guy, but I dont think ND has ever had that many true freshman and soph on the field at one time. The o-line, which is probably the most important spot on the field, had all first and second year players. I remember back in high school when I started as a true freshman...We were a super young team with mainly soph and junior players. My good friend was the QB and also a freshman. We were the first true freshman to ever start on varsity at Valpo High. With that being said, we got destroyed all season. The papers were all over us as the worst Valpo team ever, and why would a team start so many young guys? We heard it all. Well what happened our junior and senior years? We made it to the State and Semi-State finals. Go figure. So just hang in there ND fans, you'll be impressed with these guys soon enough..."

Amen. Go Irish.

No comments: