Friday, June 13, 2008

Better Late Than Never?

Instead of bailing completely on the quote of the week (which I'll admit I often do, especially in the offseason), I thought I'd toss up a short, belated quote to thank everyone for pushing my last QOTW article into the weekly top 5 at NDLNA. Far from being most blog-readers' first choice for Notre Dame commentary, it always makes me feel warm and fuzzy when someone other than myself links an article. That being said, here's an update on Sullivan I found while trying to figure out why the Browns cut ties with a behemoth offensive lineman that wanted to play for them...
"The Vikings could be considered a potential suitor for Bentley, 28, because Pro Bowl center Matt Birk is entering the last season of his contract and hasn't been approached about an extension. However, the team has liked what it has seen from sixth-round pick John Sullivan and has a few other candidates to play the position if Birk leaves after 2008."

From what I know about the Vikings line that isn't related to Brock Lesnar, Matt Birk is a heckuva center, and the fact that the team drafted Sullivan to eventually replace him speaks highly of Minnesota's plans for him. Go get em John (and work on the shotgun snaps in your spare time).

No comments: