Thursday, August 28, 2008

Catching Up

Sorry for the brief absence of posts. There was so much intense book reading going on before classes started that I found it tough to get on the lap top. I'm so far behind on Notre Dame football that readers should be advised to check out a site that has been keeping up. I recommend Section 29, who has been counting down 12 important factors heading into the 2008 campaign.

While I may not be able to talk too much football right now, I can at least offer some campus news to all the domers that haven't made it to South Bend in the past few months. Up until recently, the sidewalk maze on West Quad was one of the eight wonders of the world; never before has a civilization been able to construct so many concrete paths that do not offer a straight path to anything. Over the summer, ND installed a 'knoll' between Keough/O'Neil and Reckers to replace the sidewalk jungle, and I have to say that it looks pretty nice. However, the University appears quite intent on keeping it looking nice, having erected a 15 foot mulch bunker aimed at stopping drunk Reckers' traffic from trampling the new grass.
Speaking of everyone's favorite food stop, Reckers has apparently unleashed a new menu for this year. I haven't had the chance to sample anything yet, but I'm told they basically renamed everything on their old menu to sound more organic/Italian. As long as I can still score a #33 late night, I think I'll be ok.

Not to leave this post totally void of football, here's a great quote I saw a couple days ago at SubwayDomer:

"I try to style my own play after the guys I watched on TV growing up: the nasty guys. It's something that gets me motivated; it gets me excited to maul somebody. It's real important. You have to be nasty in the trenches. If you can't bring that attitude to the table you're just going to get tossed around."

-Eric Olsen
My man. Go Irish!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

[B]NZBsRus.com[/B]
Lose Sluggish Downloads With NZB Files You Can Hastily Find HD Movies, Games, MP3s, Software and Download Them at Rapid Speeds

[URL=http://www.nzbsrus.com][B]NZB[/B][/URL]

Anonymous said...

You could easily be making money online in the hush-hush world of [URL=http://www.www.blackhatmoneymaker.com]blackhat hosting[/URL], You are far from alone if you don't know what blackhat is. Blackhat marketing uses alternative or not-so-known methods to generate an income online.