Thursday, April 9, 2009

Winslow Throwing QotW Layups

The Dayton Daily News, one of my favorite papers to read for Browns updates, published some clips from a Sirius interview between ex-Brown Kellen 'I Don't Give a Hell' Winslow Jr. and Sirius personality Adam Schein:

Host Adam Schein: “Who is the better QB for the Browns this year? [Derek] Anderson or [Brady] Quinn?”

K-2: “I would say Brady Quinn. I love Derek Anderson. Great quarterback. It just didn’t work out. Brady Quinn is coming in, he has tremendous upside. Very calm, very mature and, I mean, give the guy a chance. What’s the big deal? I really don’t get it. This guy is coming in, he has worked his tail off. I bet you he is there working out right now. Just give him a chance. He is a leader, he is coming into his own. I really don’t get what’s the hard decision up there. My choice would be Brady Quinn.”

I breathed a big sigh of relief when the Browns didn't give up Quinn and a first rounder to grab a difficult Jay Cutler (good luck with that Chi-Town), and hopefully that non-trade will lead to Quinn seeing some serious PT in 2009. Granted he won't have anyone to throw to, but that's another story...

By the way - if you have an extra 25 seconds on your hands and can't figure out how to spend it, try checking Weis' new Twitter page. I thought it was pretty lame when I first heard about it, but for the effort it takes to read (none), its actually not a bad read.

For me, its back to the homeland this weekend to do the Easter thing. One week until Blue Gold, Go Irish!

No comments: