Thursday, August 7, 2008

Quote of the Week

As jy mentioned, I'll be checking out of my summer internship tomorrow and heading to the big mitten to do some unwinding before I return to my studies in the fall. But I would be slighting the Notre Dame party scene to not briefly comment on the Brian Hamilton gossip column.

To sum up the story for any cave dwellers out there, Hamilton is 'reporting' that these ambiguous pictures of Jimmy Clausen, Armando Allen, James Aldridge, and Brian Smith rocking some nice uni's at a Beer Olympics party could threaten their standing with the university. Here are some of the better reactions I've read about this obvious non news:


From Blue and Gold Illustrated:
There are some serious rumors going around that some of the Irish football players might engage in drinking alcoholic beverages. Also, the sun rose in South Bend this morning.

From the Rock Report:
"I hope he's drinking Jack, Notre Dame needs more whisky drinkers."

Every Day Should Be Saturday also looked further into Clausen's photo vault and found some even more incriminating pictures.


For those of you that prefer a more serious response to the article, I highly recommend taking some time to read the responses of Jeff Carroll (SBT) and Michael Rothstein (Journal Gazette). Both writers spread the blame quite fairly on Hamilton (shame on you for taking advantage of 20 year olds to increase your readership), who ever leaked the pictures (are you holding a grudge, or are you just dumb?), and the players (have a good time, just be a little more aware).


My Brownies are currently in a rain delay, but hopefully they'll be back on soon. Go Irish!

No comments: